The minor in music is intended for students with musical skills who do not wish to pursue careers in music.
This program does not satisfy the requirement for certification in a minor teaching area. The minimum requirement for the minor is 24 credit hours. Music history/ literature and music electives must be chosen in consultation with a designated music faculty adviser. An audition is required in the applied music area.
- Applied Music (4 semesters), 4 credit hrs.
- MUS 001: Materials of Music I, 3 credit hrs.
- MUS 002: Materials of Music I, 1 credit hr.
- MUS 003: Materials of Music II, 3 credit hrs.
- MUS 004: Materials of Music II, 1 credit hr.
- MUS 080: Intro to Western Music, 3 credit hrs.
Music History/Lit Elective(s):
- 3-4 credit hrs. in any of the following MUS 010, 073, 078, 081, 085, 106, 109, 110, 116, 119, 120, 140
- 5-6 credit hrs. in any music course for which the student is qualified. No more than two ensemble or six additional applied music hours apply toward the minor requirement.
TOTAL: 23-24 credit hrs.