About the Telescope

The observatory contains an eight and a half inch refracting telescope which was built in 1894 and donated by Francis Marion Drake, the namesake of Drake University.

University News
April 24, 2015
Drake University will soon have a new live mascot. Erin Bell, owner of the late Porterhouse, has formally agreed to direct the live mascot program at Drake.
×