About the Telescope

The observatory contains an eight and a half inch refracting telescope which was built in 1894 and donated by Francis Marion Drake, the namesake of Drake University.

University News
April 23, 2017
Prudence, a two and-a-half year old English bulldog owned by Angela and Tom Miller of Des Moines, won the 38th annual Beautiful Bulldog Contest at Drake University.
×