Values & Ethics
Drake students will learn to recognize ethical issues and to reflect critically upon the demands of conscience. They will develop as reflective practitioners with an understanding of the larger goals of stewardship inherent in their professional endeavors, and have a sense of obligation that extends to beyond the self. They will develop an understanding of the skills and knowledge necessary to anticipate the consequences of actions as well as an understanding of the dispositions necessary to develop a commitment to ethical conduct. Students will develop the basic tools required to question themselves and others in a responsible manner and to evaluate the ethical implications of both collective and personal choices.
Courses that fulfill this AOI will meet at least two of these student learning outcomes. Students will be able to:
- Recognize and reflect critically on ethical issues.
- Identify values that underlie human activities.
- Articulate ethical issues that arise in their professional or civic life.
- Articulate relevant ethical issues and apply them in developing solutions for critical problems and questions.
- Articulate a reasoned vision of their own values or core beliefs.
Link to Approved Course List