Job Description and Application
The Orientation Leader position is an opportunity to assist incoming freshmen, transfer students, and their families in their transition to Drake University. Orientation Leaders work along side faculty and staff to implement the Summer Orientation program. The purpose of the Summer Orientation program is to connect students with their academic college or school, facilitate their first semester course registration, and give them a preview of life at Drake.
Friday, February 1 at 1 PM in the Drake Room, Olmsted Center
Attendance at the information sessions is not required but is highly encouraged.
Please print off a copy of the 2013 Orientation Leader Application or apply online! You can submit your application online or at the Student Life Center on or before Wednesday, February 6th by 5:00 PM.
Orientation Leaders are selected in February and a complete listing of important date for OLs is listed here (hereOrientation Leader Important Dates).
Please note: The online application will expire after four hours, we suggest looking at the questions on the downloadable application then completing it online.
- The Orientation Leader selection process begins with an online or paper application. Thepurpose of the application is for us to get an idea of who you are and what you areinvolved in. The application process is a chance for you to tell us the things about yourself you think we should know when considering you for this position.
- Attend one of two‐group interview process. The group interview is a chance to see how applicants respond to situations or challenges in a group setting and once our office has reviewed the paper applications, qualified applicants will be invited to take part in agroup interview.
- A select group of applicants will be invited to take part in an individual interview with staff.
- Once the individual interviews have been completed, we will make selections for the Orientation Leaders and the first development session/retreat will be on Saturday, March 2, 2013.
The selection process is in no way meant to be intimidating; our primary goal is to make sure that we have the opportunity to evaluate all of the candidates from as many perspectives as possible. We hope to give all applicants the chance to exhibit their best qualities and to share how they might contribute to the Orientation Leader staff.
- maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- show leadership experience and campus involvement (preferred)
- Assist the associate dean of their college with academic advising and course registration
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse group of staff members
- Be responsible and accountable to team members, staff, and new students and their families
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 by 5:00 PM
For more information, contact Tasha Stiger (email: Latasha.Stiger@drake.edu)