May Message to Parents
The Parent Advisory Council meets on campus twice a year to discuss various topics and engage in conversation regarding current events or changes going on around campus. Below you will find notes from our Spring meeting that took place on Friday, April 7th. For more information on the Parent Advisory Council.
- The Care Team came in to meet with the group about how they support students of concern. The team includes Dr. Jerry Parker - Dean of Students, Dr. Mark Kloberdanz - Director of Student Counseling Center, Joe Campos – Community Standards Officer and Leah Berte – Coordinator of Student Support and Case Management
- This team uses a system in which staff/faculty/students can submit a care report if they are concerned about a student in order to get them help. These reports have the option to be submitted anonymously.
- The Care Team does an outstanding job providing support and resources to our students. More information can be found through the Student Handbook and Resources page.
- Development Team with John Smith, Vice President Advancement and David Golder, Chair of the Board of Trustees
- John and David shared updates on current initiatives, most importantly raising the remaining funds for the STEM@Drake project.
- Mentors in Violence Prevention and Violence Intervention Partner presentation by MVP/VIP students and Tess Cody – Prevention Coordinator for Sexual and Interpersonal Misconduct
Best wishes for a relaxing and enjoyable summer! Here are some links to important dates when you are ready to start planning for the 2017-18 school year!
- August 23: Move in day for new students
- August 23-26: Welcome Weekend
- August 25: Move in day for returning students
- September 22-24: Parents and Family Weekend
- September 22-24: Homecoming
- October 16-17: Fall Break
Full academic calendar