At Drake, we encourage parents to get involved in their students' education and involvement in the Drake University. The mission of the Parent Advisory Council is to facilitate the partnership between parents, University faculty, staff and administrators in order to enhance the educational and life experiences of Drake students. The Parent Advisory Council’s role is to serve as a liaison between parents and the University in supporting and upholding the mission of the University and its students.
Parent Advisory Council members and University staff are ready and willing to answer your questions and listen to your ideas about your student’s Drake experience. The council meets on campus twice a year to discuss various topics and engage in conversation regarding current events or changes going on around campus.
The most recent meeting took place on Friday, September 23, some topics included:
- The Drake Commitment
- Building Your Resume
- Personal Mentorship
- Flexibility Explore Interests
- Drake Technology
- Wi-Fi on campus
- Drake recently made a large investment in new wireless applications to serve the campus better
- If students experience issues with Wi-Fi, they can submit this form to request assistance.
- Printing - FollowMe is our new print program
- Allows users to print to a shared queue
- The print job is held securely and released at the printer of their choice using their Drake ID card
- FollowMe reduces the number of documents left uncollected which reduces costs and environmental footprint
- Every student has access to a black and white printer in their residence hall and can go to specific locations for color printing
- Printing Funds are $20 per semester. Students can add more money to their print account
- If your student is having a problem printing and they have registered their ID card, they visit the IT Help Desk in Carnegie Hall for assistance.
- Support & Software
- Lynda.com is available to students and offers video tutorials
- Information about free software, general IT information and most current IT issues can be found in blueView
If you would like to speak to a Parent Advisory Council member or have questions, please email Marina Verlengia, Director of New Student Programs.