PharmD Hooding Ceremony 2009
As we get closer to the end of your rotation year and commencement weekend, you may have questions regarding the PharmD Hooding Ceremony. We have compiled a list of frequently asked question and answers below. We hope you find it helpful as you and your guests are planning for your commencement weekend.
We look forward to seeing you on Friday, May 15!! If you know that you will not be able to attend the PharmD Hooding Ceremony, please notify Beth Hudson (email@example.com).
Graduates are encouraged to view the University Commencement Information at /studentrecords/commencement/
Additional information for the Doctor of Pharmacy program is listed below.
What are all the events that my family and I should plan to attend?
- PharmD Hooding Ceremony Reception -- Friday, May 15 - 2:30 p.m., Knapp Center South Lobby
- PharmD Hooding Ceremony -- Friday, May 15 - 4:00 p.m., Knapp Center
- Presidents Reception -- Friday, May 15 - 4:30 to 6:00 p.m., Parent's Hall, Olmsted Center
- Graduate Commencement -- Saturday, May 16 -- 2:00 p.m., Knapp Center
Who is invited to the PharmD Hooding Reception and PharmD Hooding Ceremony?
- All family and friends are invited to attend the Hooding Reception and Ceremony, as well as the President's Reception.
- There is no limit to the number of attendees and there is no ticket purchase required.
When should I arrive for the PharmD Hooding Ceremony?
- You will need to be in the Bell Center at 3:15. At that time, we will provide you with additional instructions regarding what you will be doing during the ceremony.
What should I bring to the PharmD Hooding Ceremony?
- You will need to go to the University Bookstore and pick up your gown and tam that you have rented and bring them to the ceremony. You do not need to pick up your hood as it will be delivered to the Knapp Center. You will wear your gown and tam and receive your hood during the ceremony.
- IMPORTANT: Please be sure to leave all purses, keys, cameras, and other personal belongings with members of your family prior to reporting to the Bell Center. These items may NOT be in your possession during the ceremony and there will be no one available in the Bell Center to watch over them for you! There will be NO exceptions -- all unattended purses, personal items, etc. will be your responsibility and the College will not be liable for any loss suffered.
Do you need to know what I'm doing after graduation prior to the PharmD Hooding Ceremony?
- You do not need to notify us ahead of time of your plans following graduation. When you come to the Bell Center at 3:15, you will find the chairs set up with name cards. Find your chair and complete the information on the card; there will be blanks for the phonetic pronunciation of your name and your plans after graduation.
- In addition, you will find a white card on your chair to fill out that will be used by Jolesch Photography. You will need to take BOTH the blue and white cards into the ceremony with you. As you proceed to the platform, you will hand the white card to the Jolesch representative and the blue card to the reader (either Dr. Chesnut or Phillips). You will be introduced along with an announcement of your future plans as you you go across the platform. Please accept our apologies in advance for any mispronunciations!
Can our guests video/photograph the PharmD Hooding Ceremony?
- Guests may not pass beyond roped areas to take pictures during the ceremony. Jolesch Photography has been retained to photograph each graduate during the ceremony as well as a group photo following the ceremony. Proofs will be available for viewing and purchasing on line approximately a week after the ceremony. NOTE: Immediately after the ceremony, you will be ushered to the Knapp Center west bleachers for a group photo. As during the ceremony, guests are NOT allowed past the roped section during the taking of the group photo.
- Videotaping during the ceremony may be done from the seats. As a courtesy to other attendees, if using a tripod, please do so from the back of the facility.
Where should our guests park?
- Parking is available in various lots around the Knapp Center. Handicapped parking is available in each lot.
What will take place during the PharmD Hooding Ceremony?
- Welcome by the Dean
- Class Reflections from the P4 Class Representatives
- Address from the 2008-09 College Teacher of the Year
- Graduate Award Announcements
- Doctoral Hooding
- Presentation from a National Advisory Board Member and an IPA Representative
- Oath of a Pharmacist Reading
How long will the PharmD Hooding Ceremony last?
- The entire ceremony will take approximately 75 minutes.
Which Commencement ceremony on Saturday will we be participating in - 10 a.m. or 2 p.m.?
- You will be a part of the 2 p.m. ceremony along with the other doctorate students (Education) and Master's degree students (MBA, MPA, Educ., etc.) If you will be receiving a second degree, you will sit in the Pharm.D. section and will line up with the graduates from the other program at the appropriate time (more instructions will be given prior to the Graduate Commencement Ceremony).