Adding or Dropping a Class - Summer Semester
To Add a Class (Summer Semester)
Current Drake students may add a summer class via the Registration Tools channel on the Student Services tab in Blueview up to the first day of the class. Non-Drake students should request registration by following the procedures set forth on the Registration for Non-Drake Students page.
Once the summer class begins, students may add the class only by obtaining written permission from the instructor of the class. Students must forward the instructor’s permission to their college/school dean’s office or the Student Records Office to complete the registration. For a summer class, students should use the Add Drop Form; an email from the student’s Drake email account may constitute an acceptable form of notification.
- Log in to blueVIEW.
- Click the MyDUSIS icon at the upper right.(DUSIS stands for Drake University Shared Information System.)
- In the new window that opens, click the Student Services & Financial Aid tab.
- Click the Registration link.
- From this point, students can add class sections using two different methods:
- If you already know the course reference numbers (CRN's) of the sections for which you wish to add to your schedule -Click the Register or Add/Drop Classes link.
- Select the term for which you wish to register.
- In the boxes at the bottom of the next page, enter the CRN's of the sections you want to add to your schedule.
- Click the Submit Changes button.
- If you have an idea of the classes you wish to take but do not know their course reference numbers (CRN's) -Click the Look Up Classes to Add link.
- Select the term for which you wish to register.
- Choose your search criteria. At minimum, you must select at least one subject.
- Once you have entered your search criteria, click the Class Search button.
- When you locate a section for which you would like to register, click its corresponding box that precedes its CRN and title. You may choose more than one section at a time.
- A "C" in the space where the box would otherwise be located means that the section is closed.
- An "SR" in the space where the box would otherwise be located means that you are not permitted to register at this time.
- When you have finished making your selections, click the Register button at the bottom of the page.
- After your attempts to register, you will be taken to your registration worksheet page.
- The sections for which your registration was successful will be listed under the "Current Schedule" area of your registration worksheet.
- Registration changes, such as dropping the section, can be made via the "Action" drop-down menu associated with the section.
- If your registration attempts were unsuccessful, you will see a red stop sign followed by, "Registration Add Errors." Below the error message is a list of the sections for which you were denied registration, followed by a very brief explanation of why your registration attempt was unsuccessful.
To Drop a Class (Summer Semester)
Once the summer semester begins, students will not be able to drop a class online, even if the class has not yet begun. Students must notify their college/school dean’s office or the Student Records Office in writing. For a summer class, an email from the student’s Drake email account may constitute an acceptable form of notification.
Questions about drops may be directed to students' college/school dean's office.
- College of Arts and Sciences: (515) 271-3939
- College of Business and Public Administration:
- Undergraduate: (515) 271-3142
- Graduate: (515) 271-2188
- School of Education:
- Undergraduate: (515) 271-3769
- Graduate: (515) 271-3727
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication: (515) 271-3194
- Law School: (515) 271-2824
- College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: (515) 271-3018
- Student Records and Academic Information: (515) 271-2025
For all summer classes, the drop deadline is 4:30pm CT on the first business day following the first meeting day of the class. Students who drop the class after the deadline will receive a “W” for the course and will be responsible for 100% of the tuition and fees for the course.
To Drop all Classes (Any Semester)
Students who wish to drop all their classes (or their only class, if they are registered for just one) should do so by using the Withdrawal Request Form link in MyDUSIS.
1. Log in to Blueview.
2. Click the MyDUSIS icon in the upper right.
3. On the next page, click the Student Services & Financial Aid tab.
4. Click the Withdrawal Request Form link.
5. On the next page, select the appropriate semester from the drop-down box.
6. On the next page, answer the questions when prompted and submit the form.
This procedure does not necessarily signify a student's intentions to completely withdraw from Drake. Rather, in one single procedure, it notifies all the pertinent offices (Student Accounts, Student Financial Planning, Student Records, Residence Life, Athletics, etc.) of a student's intention to drop all classes in a given semester.