Pharmacy Hooding Reception and Ceremony Instructions
What are all the events that my family and I should plan to attend?
- PharmD Hooding Ceremony Reception —Saturday, May 19 [Court Side Club]
- PharmD Hooding Ceremony — Saturday, May 19 @ 3:00 p.m. [Knapp Center]
Who is invited to the PharmD Hooding Reception and PharmD Hooding Ceremony?
- All family and friends are invited to attend the Hooding Reception and Ceremony. There is no limit to the number of attendees and there is no ticket purchase required.
When should I arrive for the PharmD Hooding Ceremony?
- You will need to be in the Bell Center at 2:15.
- When you arrive, find your seat, put on your gown and tam, and complete the information on the card that is on your chair. At that time, we will provide you with additional instructions regarding what you will be doing during the ceremony.
What should I bring to the PharmD Hooding Ceremony?
- You will need to go to the University Bookstore and pick up your gown and tam that you have purchased and bring them to the ceremony. You do not need to pick up your hood as it will be delivered to the Knapp Center. You will wear your gown and tam and receive your hood during the ceremony.
- IMPORTANT: Please be sure to leave all purses, keys, cameras, and other personal belongings with members of your family prior to reporting to the Bell Center. These items may NOT be in your possession during the ceremony and there will be no one available in the Bell Center to watch over them for you! There will be NO exceptions -- all unattended purses, personal items, etc. will be your responsibility and the College/University will not be liable for any loss suffered.
Do you need to know what I'm doing after graduation prior to the PharmD Hooding Ceremony?
- We would like to know your plans after graduation prior to the Ceremony so that we can prepare the cards that we will use to announce you during the Ceremony. Please utilize one of the following methods to provide your information to our office by Tuesday, May 15:
- Enter your information directly onto the Google Doc that will be forthcoming from Kate Evans, our Liaison to Professional and Career Development Services. Be sure to enter your information ONLY! Email Mikayla.email@example.com with your name, employer/residency, and the city/state it is located. If you do not know your definite plans by May 19, please submit a general area of interest [community/hospital/clinical pharmacy] and your location preference [Kansas City, MO; Chicago, IL; etc.]
- When you come to the Bell Center at 2:15, you will find chairs set up with name cards arranged alphabetically. Find your chair, review the information on your card, updating it if necessary, and fill in the requested phonetic pronunciation of your name. In addition to the blue card, you will find a small white card on your chair to be used by Lifetouch Photography. You will need to take BOTH the blue and white cards into the ceremony with you. As you proceed to the platform, you will hand the white card to the Lifetouch representative and the blue card to the reader [Dr. Chuck Phillips].
- You will be introduced along with an announcement of your future plans as provided by you as you cross the platform. Please accept our apologies in advance for any mispronunciations!
Can our guests video/photograph the PharmD Hooding Ceremony?
- Guests may not pass beyond roped areas to take pictures during the ceremony. Lifetouch Photography has been retained to photograph each graduate during the ceremony. Proofs will be available for viewing and purchasing on line approximately a week after the ceremony.
- IMPORTANT: If you are an award recipient recognized during the ceremony, please return to the platform immediately after the recession for a group award recipient photo and to retrieve your award.
- Videotaping during the ceremony may be done from the seats. As a courtesy to other attendees, if using a tripod, please do so from the back of the facility. The ceremony will be webcast and available for viewing on the web at a later time.
Where should our guests park?
- Parking is available in various lots around the Knapp Center. Handicapped parking is available in each lot.
What will take place during the PharmD Hooding Ceremony?
- Welcome by the Dean
- Class Reflections from the P4 Class Delegates
- Address from CPHS Faculty
- Graduate Award Announcements
- Doctoral Hooding
- “Welcome to the Profession” presented by an IPA Representative
- “Oath of a Pharmacist” Reading by a National Advisory Board Member
How long will the PharmD Hooding Ceremony last?
- The entire ceremony will take approximately 60 minutes.
Which Commencement ceremony on Saturday will we be participating in - 10 AM or 2 PM?
- You will be a part of the 2 PM ceremony along with the other doctorate students (Education) and Master's degree students (MBA, MPA, Educ., etc.). If you will be receiving an MBA or MPA, additional information will be provided for double degree seeking students by the Office of the Registrar.
SPECIAL NOTE: Please advise all guests to NOT bring any objects that contain latex to the ceremonies. Drake University has banned all latex objects at campus events.