General Contact Information
1319 30th Street
Des Moines, IA 50311
Hall Front Desk Phone Number:
Type of residence: First Year
Air Conditioned: Yes
Handicap accessible: Yes
- Double room (all rooms carpeted): 15'9" X 12'7"
- Single room (all rooms carpeted): 15'9" X 8'9"
- Triple room (all rooms carpeted): 16'11" X 13'9"
- Window Dimensions: 7'1" X 4'9"
Each room includes the following items per student:
Bed, desk, desk chair, dresser drawers, window blinds, dry erase board outside door
- *Room Dimensions:
- Double Room: 15'9" x 12'7"
- Single Room: 15'9" x 8'9"
- Triple Room: 16'11" x 13'9"
- Floor to Ceiling Height is 96"
- Window Dimensions:
- 7'1" x 4'9" (Blinds Provided)
- Not Needed (All rooms are carpeted)
*All Rooms may vary in size. These are the most common dimensions.
- Lofts Dimensions
- *36" Wide -80" Long Maximum lofted height is 6ft. (Beds are not bunkable)
- *Residents will loft your own bed to the desired height upon move-in
- *If you are bringing a futon for your room and you want it to fit under a lofted bed it MUST measure shorter than 80" in length to fit.
- Mattress Size
- Furniture: (all moveable)
- Wardrobe: 48" Wide x 24" Deep x 72" High
(There are no drawers in the wardrobe)
- Desk: 36" Wide x 24" Deep x 30" High
- 3- Drawer Dresser 30" Wide x 24" Deep x 30" High
- Standard Desk Chair
- Towel Bar, Coat Hooks
- Provided in each wardrobe
- Recycle Bin
- One per room (No trash can is provided)
- White Board
- There is one dry erase board outside each room door for the residents of that room
Odds & Ends
- Appliance Guidelines
- Refrigerators - Not to exceed 4.0 cubic ft. 115/120 volts, UL approved, one unit per/room
- Microwaves - Cannot exceed 700 watts, UL approved, one unit per/room
- These common items are NOT permitted: extension cords, holiday lights, rope lights, halogen lamps, coffee pots, toasters, George Foreman type appliances. Refer to the Residence Life handbook for all approved appliances. All un-approved appliances discovered in a room may be removed or confiscated.
- There are both gender bathrooms on every floor, except those designated single gender.
- Basic cable service is provided by Mediacom, premium services available at an additional charge to resident.
- Internet service is Ethernet or wireless in every residence hall
- Located in all Quad Halls
- Located in all Quad Halls
- Laundry Rooms
- Located in every residence hall in the basement.
- Washer (29 minute cycle $1.50) - Dryer (45 minute cycle $1.25)
- Coin-operated or Card-swipe payment option (E-Suds)
- Residents will have a mailbox they can access themselves with a key.
- All packages can be accessed from the desk staff in the hall of residence.
- Mail is sorted by the resident last name and will NOT need room number to receive mail.