Why should I join AmeriCorps?
- Looking for an internship/hands-on experience?
- Pursuing a career change?
- Desiring to get back into the workforce after having taken some time off?
- Looking for a way to give back to your community?
- Thinking about a gap year?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, AmeriCorps may be right for you.
AmeriCorps is a national service program whose mission is to strengthen communities and develop leaders. Not only do members have the opportunity to make an impact in communities and on the lives of citizens, but they receive great benefits.
- Great work experience - If you're looking to gain hands-on experience in the fields of health and wellness, non-profit management, community development, etc., this will be an invaluable experience. Members will gain skills such as: communication, facilitation, program implementation, event planning, volunteer recruitment and management, research and policy, and much more.
- Professional development opportunities - AmeriCorps members receive training on a number of important topics such as communication, leadership, civic engagement, volunteer management, and much more.
- Networking opportunities and post-service job connections - Get connected with leaders in communities and in the field; AmeriCorps members oftentimes are hired by the organization they serve with or meet individuals who can connect them to other employers. Many AmeriCorps members decide to serve a second year.
- Living Allowance - AmeriCorps members receive a living allowance to help pay for housing, food, gas, and other necessities
- Education Award - AmeriCorps members receive an education award that can be used to pay back qualified student loans, or pay for tuition. AmeriCorps members can receive up to 2 full-time education awards in their lifetime, up to close to $12,000!