Faculty and Staff Information
A list of ways to utilize the Drake University Service-Learning Coordinator:
- Provide small funds for service-learning supplies and logistical support
- Identify sites for service-learning components
- Establish contact with community partners
- Distribute brochures or forms about procedures for service-learning to your students i.e. community partner agreements, service-learning site background checks, liability waivers
- Present the topic of service-learning to your class during the first few weeks of the semester
- Provide descriptive information about the sites
- Make a mid-semester e-mail contact with your students and their service site supervisors
- Offer general or course-specific pre, mid, and / or post service-learning reflection sessions
- Conduct community partner, student, and faculty assessment for your service-learning component
- Provide resources to you or your students to insure the best experience possible
- Showcase your project in various service-learning events and publications
- Provide faculty and staff development opportunities regarding service-learning and related topics
If you are planning a service-learning component for the fall or considering one for the spring, please do not hesitate to contact Mandi McReynolds, Service-Learning Coordinator email@example.com x2338 to set up a consultation meeting.
You can also apply for a Service-Learning mini-grant.
More information will be coming soon as our site and program develops. Thank you for your patience.