2017 United Way Campaign
The Continuous Improvement Plan for Drake University calls upon all of us to strengthen our strategic engagement with community partners. As part of this commitment, Drake is proud to partner with United Way of Central Iowa.
Final Campaign Totals
- $62,958 dollars raised - a new record!
- 351 participants! Wow! This shatters our previous record. =)
Why United Way?
- 100% of the funds donated stay in Central Iowa
- United Way financially supports 33 organizations that are Drake partners. This includes the Drake Adult Literacy Center!
- In 2016, more than 6,000 people in the 50311 zip code benefited from United Way funding
- See Matt's story for an example of United Way's impact. Matt is a future Drake graduate!
2017 Campaign Goals
- $55,000 total giving OR
- 200+ Participants
- We have reached our goals! All employees will receive the full-day off on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (instead of a half-day)
- Each giving level has generous incentives
- For more information, see the incentives page
- Monday, November 6th - 3:30pm in Shivers Courtside Club
- An all employee social and information sharing event
- Beverages and snacks will be provided
- Guest speakers: Toby O’Berry from Iowa Homeless Youth Shelters and representatives from United Way
How to Give
- The primary way to give, is to give online. An email will be distributed to campus on Monday, November 6th
- For those that have contributed in the past, please consider contributing again
- For those that have not given in the past, please consider contributing $5/month
- For more on United Way giving, click here
- You can also choose to donate to Iowa Shares
- Donations towards Iowa Shares do not count towards our campaign goals or incentives
- Click here for more information and for the donation link
Please join us this year in fulfilling our University commitment to strengthen our engagement with community partners. Additionally, thank you to all those who made this great campaign possible. If you have any questions, please contact your campaign ambassador or Nate Reagen, at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 2949.