Faculty and Staff Info
If you are planning a community engagement or service-learning component in the upcoming semesters, please do not hesitate to contact Renee Sedlacek, Director of the office of Community Engaged Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org or x2454 to set up a consultation meeting.
Upon request, the Office of Community Engaged Learning can assist with:
- Providing Mini grants for community engagement & service-learning supplies and logistical support
- Identifying sites, establishing contact with community partners and providing descriptive information about the sites.
- Brochures or forms about procedures for community engagement & service-learning e.g. community partner agreements, service-learning site background checks, liability waivers
- Presenting the topic of community engagement & service-learning to your class during the first few weeks of the semester
- Making a mid-semester e-mail contact with your students and their service site supervisors
- Offering general or course-specific pre, mid, and / or post community engagement & service-learning reflection sessions
- Conducting community partner, student, and faculty assessments
- Providing resources to you or your students to insure the best experience possible
- Showcasing your project in various community engagement & service-learning events and publications
- Providing faculty and staff development opportunities regarding community engagement & service-learning and related topics