Co-curricular Domestic Service-Learning Mini Grants
Drake’s Community Action Board (CAB), in collaboration with Drake’s Community Engaged Learning Office, is pleased to offer mini-grants to support students and student organizations in carrying out service-learning and social justice programming.
To apply, please complete the mini-grant application form.
- Co-Curricular Grants range from a minimum of $50 to the maximum grant of $200
- Individuals and organizations must submit an online application to be considered for funding
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; funds will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis until the funds are depleted
- Applications will be responded to within two weeks, not including university breaks
- Student organizations are limited to receiving funding only once per semester (*does not include Residence Life - each RA can receive funding once)
- The individual or organization must work with a community partner
- Projects should help meet a community-identified need, spread awareness, or make a meaningful impact for others
- The project must have a reasonably listed process and obtainable goals
- Critical reflection should be incorporated into the project
- The Community Action Board’s Finance Committee will review the applications
- The Community Action Board reserves the right to adjust the amount awarded to each organization’s request
- Individuals or organizations will be notified of any decision via e-mail
- If your request is approved, you will need to submit original receipts to the Office of Community Engaged Learning. You will be contacted about what paperwork is needed
- Grant recipients will also be asked to provide a blog post following the event that details the project, its impact, student learning and reflection, testimonials and photos. The blog post will be shared across campus to share the story of community engaged learning
- In the event that your proposal has been rejected, the requester or organization can contact the Community Action Board’s Treasurer for questions or clarification
Contact Lauren Oreto at email@example.com if you have questions.
CAB’s Mission is to engage students in meaningful service and collaborative initiatives that inspire them to strengthen relationships with the community of which they are a part.
Global Learning Scholarships
Drake's global learning scholarships are designed to enable students to reach their full potential as responsible global citizens. The scholarships are need based, but have slightly different selection criteria. Please follow the link to read the descriptions and understand which scholarship(s) are appropriate for the program you wish to pursue: http://www.drake.edu/studyabroad/scholarshipsandfinancialaid/drake-global-learning/