Knowing Your Options for Stalking

  • Consider changing your phone number(s) or removing personal information on directories for safety.
  • Disable the GPS unit on mobile phone devices so your location cannot be tracked.
  • You may want to remove your contact information from the campus directory for safety. This can be done through the Student Records Office in Old Main. The Office for Sexual Violence Response at 515-271-4141, can assist with this process if needed.
  • You can obtain an emergency 911 cell phone through Domestic Violence Services at 515-243-6147or by using any old cell phone that still holds a charge.
  • For on- Campus incidences, The Dean of Students at 515-271-2835, and/or Campus Public Safety at 515-271-2222 (or 811 in emergencies), can provide you with information on the process and resources available to you on obtaining a no contact order for on campus. They can discuss with you general safety guidelines and discuss options that are available depending on the circumstances surrounding the incident.
  • Take threats seriously; keep any evidence of harassing or stalking behaviors such as texts/IMs, calls, emails, stolen or damaged property, notes/letters, phone messages, etc. Record time, place, witnesses and dates and consider reporting these behaviors to law enforcement, Campus Public Safety and/or the Dean of Students.
Report to Title IX
Contact Drake Public Safety
Confidential Resources

Quick contacts to reach a confidential advocate

  • VIP peer-student advocacy
    515-512-2972 (call or text)
  • Polk County Crisis and Advocacy
  • Cowles Library 109 during the academic year
        - Tuesdays 2:30-4:30
        - Thursdays 9:00-11:00