Drake University has been on the approved list of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since that association was established in 1913. Since reorganization of the Association in 2000, Drake University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
North Central Association
In addition to University accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission, the following Colleges, Schools, and departments have been accredited by the agencies designated:
- College of Business and Public Administration: The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- School of Education: All certification and endorsement programs are approved and accredited by the Iowa Department of Public Instruction, pursuant of Chapter 79, Code of Iowa.
- Law School: Accredited by the Council of American Bar Association's Section of Legal Education and Admission to the Bar and a charter member of the Association of American Law Schools.
- College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: Accredited by The Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education.
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication: Accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Department of Art and Design is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- Department of Chemistry is accredited by The American Chemical Society.