Start an Organization
New Student Organization Process
Looking to start a new group? The new student organization process is overseen by Drake's Student Senate- Student Affairs Committee and is advised by the Student Inclusion, Involvement & Leadership Office. To start the process of becoming a new student organization please follow the steps below
- Log in to the Drake Community Student Organization Website
- Select "New Group" button in the upper right hand corner
- You are REQUIRED to provide the following information:
- Organization purpose statement
- Advisor Name and email
- President/Chair and all members of the organization
- Click 'Submit"
- You will receive email notification of your temporary registration status. Once you have temporary registration, you have six (6) weeks to complete the registration processs
- For consideration of full registration, log in to your organization's page on the Drake Community Student Organization Website and post a constitution.
- Once your organizational file is complete you will be contacted to attend a Student Affairs Committee Meeting to review the materials.
- If approved by the Student Affairs committee, a recommendation will be forwarded to Student Senate for approval and full registration status
Questions about the process? Contact the Student Affairs Senator Nina Strong at firstname.lastname@example.org