Drake University Transcripts

Drake University issues only official transcripts. The document includes all Drake courses and accepted transfer credits. It is printed on security paper and does not require a hand-embossed University seal. Upon request, transcripts can be placed in a sealed envelope with a hand-embossed University seal on the outside.

How do I order my Drake transcript?

Current and former students must order their official Drake University transcripts online via the National Student Clearinghouse. Students may use this service 24 hours per day, and they may track the progress of their order.

Current students may use the "Order Official Copy" link on the Student Services tab in Blueview. By logging into Blueview, students' identities are validated. Therefore, no signed consent form is required.

Former students may use the Order/Track Transcript link on the National Student Clearinghouse web site. A valid Social Security Number (or Drake University ID number) and a signed consent form will be required.

Under no circumstances will Drake accept phone or email requests.

How much does it cost to order a copy of my official transcript?

Each requested copy costs $5. A single $2.25 surcharge will be added to all orders. Drake can fax a copy for an additional $1 or deliver the transcript via UPS next-day-air at an additional fee. Payment is due at the time that the request is processed.

If an unofficial copy would suffice, you can access one via our student web portal, called blueVIEW. A valid Drake ID number and password is required.

How can I make my payment?

Credit card. You must submit valid credit card information at the time you submit your request. Cash and checks are not accepted.

How long will this take?

Requests typically can be processed within 1-2 business days upon receipt of request. During peak times, such as at the beginning and end of a semester, please allow 3-5 business days of processing time.

Requests will be processed during fall and spring break; however, due to staff limitations, such requests may take 3-5 business days to process. The university typically is closed for business between the end of the fall semester and the first week of January. Check the university academic calendar for specific semester and holiday dates.

Can I request express delivery?

Upon request, transcripts can be sent overnight via UPS only. Express delivery cannot be made to a P.O. box. In addition to the transcript request fee, fees for express delivery are required to cover the cost of shipping.

    • Regular UPS overnight delivery: $35.
    • Saturday delivery: $37.50
    • Overnight delivery to non-domestic addresses: These fees vary. Consult UPS (www.ups.com) for more fee information.

Express delivery options can be made with the appropriate check box on the online request form.

Can my transcript be faxed?

Upon request, Drake can fax official transcripts. Be aware that the receiver may not consider a faxed copy to be an official document.

In addition to the transcript request fee, the fee to fax a transcript is $1.

May I pick up my transcript?

Upon special request, students can pick up their transcripts after 2:00 p.m. the next business day in Old Main, Room 104. There is no additional charge for this service.

Due to federal privacy regulations, transcripts will be released only to the student to which the transcript belongs. Students who want a third party to retrieve their transcript must contact the Student Records Office in at the time the transcript request is made.

Can I have my unofficial transcript?

Drake University issues only official transcripts. Current and previous students can access an unofficial copy of their transcript via the Student Services tab in Blueview.  A valid Drake ID number (not a social security number) is required to access Blueview.  Students who do not know (or remember) their Drake ID number must contact the Drake Support Center.

What if my record is on hold?

Certain holds on students' records may restrict the release of their transcripts. Transcripts will not be released until the student has made satisfactory arrangements with the office that initiated the hold.

The National Student Clearinghouse will notify a student if an existing hold will prevent the release of his or her transcript. The student must resolve this matter by contacting the appropriate office(s).

Can my transcript request be delayed until my semester grades or degree information has been recorded?

Yes. On the online request form, please indicate this at the time of the request.

I see the phrase "Term in Progress" on my transcript. What does that mean?

Occasionally extension education students complete their course work and earn a final grade before the end date of the term for which they are registered. Consequently, the corresponding transcript displays the "term in progress" phrase to indicate that the transcript was printed before the end of the semester. The phrase has nothing to do with the validity of the final grade and is displayed only to indicate that it was printed before the semester's end date.

How can I determine whether all of my courses will appear on my transcript?

The best way to do this is to log in to our student web portal, called blueVIEW, and access your unofficial transcript. What appears on your unofficial transcript will appear on your official transcript.

You need a valid Drake ID number (a social security number will not suffice) and password to access blueVIEW. If you do not know your Drake ID number or have difficulty logging in to blueVIEW, contact Drake's Support Center for assistance.

If you think one or more of your courses is missing from your unofficial transcript, contact our Continuing Education and Professional Development staff.

Can my transcript be delivered electronically?

No. Drake does not have the ability to send official transcripts electronically.

I am a current student and have credits that I'd like to transfer to Drake from another institution. Where should I have them sent?

Current students: Send your non-Drake transcripts to

Drake University
Student Records Office
2507 University Ave
Des Moines, IA 50311

Prospective students: Send to the Office of Admission.

Note: Drake can accept official transcripts only if they are sent directly from the institution. Drake will not accept transcripts that are hand-delivered by the student.

University News
May 26, 2016
Drake University’s College of Business and Public Administration held its Graduation and Awards Celebration at West End Architectural Salvage for graduate students on Thursday, May 5.