Registration occurs in phases.
- A pre-determined set of courseswill be restricted to students who have declared the appropriate field-of-study (major, minor, concentration, or endorsement) for the course.
- If any of the restricted courses becomes full, an online wait list will be activated for it. The same field-of-study restrictions that are required to register for the course also apply to the wait list.
- No automation of wait lists will occur during this phase.
- At the end of this phase, college/school dean's offices will review the wait lists and make any necessary enrollment adjustments.
- The temporary field-of-study restrictions will be removed from the set of restricted courses (and their wait lists, if they exist). All permanent registration restrictions, such as pre-requisites, classification (seniors, juniors, etc.) restrictions, and level (undergraduate, graduate, etc.) restrictions will remain in place.
- Students who did not meet the field-of-study restrictions during Phase I but do meet the permanent restrictions may register (or wait-list, if available) for the course.
- Shortly after Phase II begins, online wait lists will become automated.
- This phase begins with the start of the semester.
- Blueview will not be available for students to perform adds or drops.
- To add or drop a class, students must obtain the appropriate signatures on add/drop slips and submit the slips to their dean's office.