Drake Theatre Audition Days
In order to be admitted to the B.F.A. Theatre Arts degree program or the Musical Theatre minor, and to be considered for a Departmental Fine Arts scholarship award, we invite prospective students to audition during one of Drake Theatre Audition Days.
Saturday, January 31, 2015
Monday, February 16, 2015
Please submit the Registration form to sign up for an Audition Day.
- If auditioning on one of the Audition Days, Drake Department of Theatre Arts will provide an accompanist.
- If attending an individual audition appointment, Drake Department of Theatre Arts does not provide an accompanist. Therefore, actors must provide own music either in the way of an accompanist, or prerecorded music on an iPod or CD.
- Applicants who live more than 200 miles from Des Moines may submit a video audition for consideration.
- Musical Theatre minors are not eligible to receive a Fine Arts Scholarship.
Unified College Theatre Auditions
We also will be auditioning and reviewing portfolios at Unified College Theatre Auditions in Chicago on February 2-4, 2015 at the Palmer House Hilton, 17 E. Monroe St. Chicago. Please sign up for a 15-minute appointment by emailing Professor Kash at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Address (Street, City, State, Zip Code)
- Phone Number
- Name of High School or Transfer School
- Year of Graduation
- The area of Theatre you plan to major in (Acting, Directing, Musical Theatre, Design Technology, Theatre Education, Musical Theatre minor)
We will be seeing walk-ins as well. Please note that we have the same audition requirements as any of our on-campus auditions.
We will have representatives at:
- The Iowa Thespian Festival at the University of Northern Iowa, November 14-15, 2014. We will be observing the auditions and portfolio reviews at this festival.
- Texas Thespian Festival in Dallas, TX, November 20-22, 2014. We will be observing the auditions and portfolio reviews at this festival.
- The International Thespian Festival in Lincoln, NE in June 2015. We will be observing the auditions and portfolio reviews at this festival.
At all of these festivals we will be holding callbacks; however, we will not be making offers for admission into any of the BFA programs at these festivals. Students will need to officially apply and audition for a spot in the BFA program.