Drake Theatre Audition Days
In order to be admitted to the BFA Theatre Arts degree program, and to be considered for a Departmental Fine Arts scholarship award, we invite prospective students to audition during one of Drake Theatre Audition Days.
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Saturday, February 1, 2014
Monday, February 17, 2014
Please call the Theatre Department to pre-register before January 17, 2014 at 515-271-4031 or email email@example.com with the following information:
- Full Name
- Complete Address
- Phone number
- Name of High School or Transfer School
- Year of Graduation
- What area of Theatre you plan to major in: Acting? Directing? Musical Theatre? Design/Technology? Teacher Certification?
- If auditioning on one of the Audition Days, Drake Department of Theatre Arts will provide an accompanist.
- If attending an individual audition appointment, Drake Department of Theatre Arts does not provide an accompanist. Therefore, actors must provide own music either in the way of an accompanist, or prerecorded music on an iPod or CD.
- Applicants who live more than 200 miles from Des Moines may submit a video audition for consideration.
Unified College Theatre Auditions
We also will be auditioning and reviewing portfolios at Unified College Theatre Auditions in Chicago on February 3, 4, & 5, 2014 at the Palmer House Hilton, 17 E. Monroe St. Chicago. Please sign up for a 15-minute appointment by emailing Professor Kash. We will be seeing walk-ins as well. Please note that we have the same audition requirements as any of our on-campus auditions.
We will have representatives at:
- The Iowa Thespian Festival at the University of Northern Iowa in November 2013. We will be observing the auditions and portfolio reviews at this festival.
- The International Thespian Festival in Lincoln, NE in June 2014. We will be observing the auditions and portfolio reviews at this festival.
At both of these festivals we will be holding callbacks; however, we will not be making offers for admission into any of the B.F.A. programs at these festivals. Students will need to officially apply and audition for a spot in the B.F.A. program.