Musical Theatre Minor
- Prepare one monologue (memorized)
- Actors need to perform one monologue from a play. Do not audition with monologues from film scripts/movies, television shows, or musicals.
- Auditions are timed; monologues should not exceed 90 seconds in length. Actors have a total of 90 seconds for the audition; the timing starts with the first word of the monologue. This does not include the introduction of the monologue.
- Prepare one song (memorized)
- Actors must sing to accompaniment and are required to bring sheet music. Do not sing to prerecorded music. Make sure the sheet music is in the correct key; the accompanist will not transpose any music. The song should be no longer than 90 seconds. Actors have a total of 90 seconds for the audition; the timing begins with the first piano note. This does not include the introduction of the song.
- The dance audition is optional for minors.
- If auditioning on one of the Audition Days, Drake Department of Theatre Arts will provide an accompanist.
- If attending an individual audition appointment, Drake Department of Theatre Arts does not provide an accompanist. Therefore, actors must provide own music either in the way of an accompanist, or prerecorded music on an iPod or CD.
- Applicants who live more than 200 miles from Des Moines may submit a video audition for consideration.
Registration Information for Audition Days