Purchasing & Business Services
The Office of Purchasing and Business Services strives to cultivate faculty, staff and supplier relationships in order to achieve the purchasing proposition of best value through best practices. The goal is to reduce costs and enable growth through improved efficiencies, strategic sourcing, and market intelligence and to do this while complying with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
Director of Purchasing & Business Services, VacantFor interium support please contact Adam Voights, CFO at 515-271-3112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consult and advise on standards pertaining to procurement activities
- Represent the university in negotiation with suppliers
- Oversee university-wide contracts (centralized travel management, managed print, food services, office supplies, bookstore, shredding,)
- Manage Consortium opportunities (information technology, scientific, facilities)
- Provide W-9 and tax exempt forms upon request
To select a vendor, faculty and staff should first reference the Preferred Contract and Vendor List
. These businesses have established relationships with Drake via a contract, consortium, partnership, established approved relationship.
Drake University does not have to pay sales tax in certain states. See list of sales exempt tax states here: Exempt Sales Tax States