ECC Student Application Information
- Applications for the 2020-2021 academic year will open Oct. 1 and will be due by March 1, 2020 via electronic application.
In addition to completing the application, you should ask two people from outside your family who are familiar with your qualities and service/academic activities that align with the Engaged Citizen Corps Program, to serve as a reference for you.
Contact the person you have in mind, make sure he or she knows that you are listing them as a reference and that they may receive a phone call from the ECC selection committee. Make sure you have their name, email address and phone number so you can submit it at the end of the application.
Open Ended Questions that will be asked on the application
- Why do you want to participate in the Engaged Citizen Corps? (150 word max)
- How will participation in the Engaged Citizen Corps be beneficial to your educational and/or professional goals? (150 word max)
- Please discuss how your involvement in your community has influenced you and contributed to your development as a person. (250 words max)
- What social issue are you most passionate about and why? Put another way, when you watch or read the news or simply live your life, what issue grabs your attention and you can't help but feel compelled to act? How have you been able to positively impact this issue and how do you plan on continuing that action in college? (300 word max)
- Engaged Citizen Corps members will take several courses as a cohort and live together in one of the Drake University residence halls. Creating a sense of community and team environment will be vital to the success of the program. What role do you typically play on a team/group? What special talents and strengths do you possess and how will you use them to benefit the Engaged Citizen Corps program? (150 words max)
- On today’s busy college campuses, students have intense demands on their time for academic, athletic and extracurricular activities. How do you manage your time and keep yourself organized on a daily basis? How do you plan on transferring those skills/experiences to college? (150 words max)