Whether you're new to online instruction or new to Blackboard, you can start with the basics and add to it over time. We've compiled the basics of course building for Blackboard instructors.
• Add a Textbook. Search for your textbook in Blackboard to load a thumbnail image and pertinent details.
• Returning Course Instructor Notes. A user-friendly checklist for preparing a course.
• Add Items to a Course. This is specific to courses developed for Drake Online.
• Use the Content Collection. Tips for organizing documents used in your course. A little work upfront saves time.
• Upload Files to the Content Collection. Getting started with the Content Collection.
• Maintain the Content Collection. Tips for cleaning up loose files in the Content Collection.
• Update your Course Syllabus and Schedule. A one-page checklist with key information from other Content Collection tutorials.
• Use Announcements.
• Use Collaborate Ultra. Use your Course Room or create a recurring session for virtual office hours.
• Subscribe to a Discussion Forum. Subscribe to any discussion forum to receive alerts of new activity, especially a Q&A Forum.
• Create and Edit Due Dates. How to change dates for assignments.
• Create and Edit Due Dates. How to change dates for discussions.
• Grade Discussions. ‘Collect’ posts to read as a conversation. If applicable, grade efficiently with a rubric.
• Create a Panopto Assignment folder. This is required if students will record videos for the course.
• Create a Test.
• Choose Test Options. A reference guide with screenshots and descriptions. The last page includes a checklist.
• Use the Test Options Checklist. A two-page checklist for quick reference.
• Create and Edit Due Dates. How to change dates for tests.
• Using Groups. Create a Group Set and enable tools for group members. Link to a Group Set in your course.
Add content to a Group Discussion Board.
• Add a YouTube Video.
• Configure Panopto. If you are going to record micro-lectures, presentations, demonstrations, or other
recordings, start by configuring Panopto.
• Use HotKeys (shortcuts) in Panopto. If you are recording with one screen, HotKeys help you avoid sharing
a tunnel of repeated screens.
• Convert a Voiceover PPT to MP4. Use if you need to upload an MP4 to Panopto to share. Do not upload
any MP4s directly to Blackboard.