Smoke Free Campus Environment
Drake University complies with the Iowa Smoke Free Air Act and prohibits smoking on the Drake University campus. Drake policy also prohibits the use of electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) on the Drake campus, with the exception of performing arts performances in which e-cigarettes may be utilized by actors as part of a theatrical production.
For purposes of this prohibition, the Drake campus includes:
- All buildings on campus – residential hall rooms and common areas; work area, private offices, conference and meeting rooms; classrooms, auditoriums, lounges and cafeterias; stairways, hallways and other enclosed spaces;
- All property maintained by Drake University, including either leased or owned property, athletics fields, sidewalks and parking lots;
- Seating areas of outdoor sporting events, stadium and other outdoor entertainment venues;
- All vehicles owned, leased or rented by Drake University;
- All vehicles when parked on University property
All students, faculty, staff, contractors and visitors are responsible for observing the provisions of this policy.