Skip Sub Menu


All foreign students and scholars in the US must complete a tax return form each spring.  Failure to do so can cause problems if you apply for a job or attempt to depart the US. The forms must be completed even if you have not earned any money in the United States. Generally, if international students have income and scholarships that exceed tuition charges, those sources of income are taxed at a rate of 14%, although there are variations based on tax treaties between the US and other countries. 

The International Center will remind students when tax forms must be filed (forms must be submitted by April 15 each year).  The International Center purchases the license for an online software program to help you do your taxes- the International Center will let you know when passwords are available for purchase.  Please note that International Center staff are unable to assist you completing your tax return.