Jonathan Rosenbloom Profile
Dwight D. Opperman Distinguished Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Land Use, Local Government, Climate Law, Sustainability
LLM – Harvard Law School
JD – New York Law School, magna cum laude
BArch – Rhode Island School of Design
BFA – Rhode Island School of Design
Drake Law School professor since 2010
Visiting assistant professor at Stetson University College of Law
Senior associate at Reed Smith in Philadelphia, Pa.
Associate director of the Center for New York City Law at New York Law School
Pro se staff attorney for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Judicial clerk for The Hon. Rosemary Barkett of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Beyond Zero-Sum Environmentalism (ELI Press 2019) (co-editors Sarah Krakoff, Melissa Powers).
- Land Use and Sustainable Development Law: Cases and Materials(9th edition West 2017) (co-authors John Nolon, Patricia Salkin, Stephen Miller).
- Routledge Handbook of the Study of the Commons (Routledge 2018) (co-editor with Dan Cole, Blake Hudson).
- Social-Ecological Resilience & Sustainability: From Theory to Practice(Aspen Publishers 2018) (co-author Shelley Saxer).
- Insider Environmental Law, 49 Environmental Law (2019) (co-author Keith Hirokawa).
- Fifty Shades of Gray Infrastructure: Land Use & the Failure to Create Resilient Cities, 93 L. R. 101 (2018).
- Stevens Faculty Scholar of the Year (2018)
- Named Distinguished Environmental Law Scholar by Vermont Law School (2017)
- Named Environmental & Natural Resource Distinguished Visitor by University of Oregon School of Law (2016)
- Co-director of Sustainable Development Code
- Leland Forrest Outstanding Professor of the Year, Drake University Law School (2013)
Jonathan Rosenbloom Curriculum Vitae