Volunteering during Covid can be easy, fun, and impactful! Your student can make a big difference from the comfort of their room, and on their own schedule.
- Help a young person succeed academically by participating in virtual tutoring with one of several local organizations.
- Get crafty and make T-shirt tote bags for the local food bank or refugee organization – these tote bags make it convenient and environmentally friendly for people to carry their items.
- Love to read? Share that with a local youth – record yourself reading your favorite children’s book.
- Make the news accessible for all – read news stories that will be broadcast to the blind and print handicapped in Iowa.
- Itching to volunteer in person? There are a limited number of in-person, socially-distanced opportunities available, as well!
Learn more about these opportunities and more at www.drake.edu/volunteer.
P.S. – Keep your eye out for more information about Drake’s Civic Action Week in April, which will be a week to educate, engage, and encourage collective responses to persistent societal challenges. Learn more.