Organizations and media outlets have been giving a lot of attention to Drake —and for good reason. See just what people are saying about the University.
“Third in the Midwest for overall quality”
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked Drake third for overall quality among universities in the Midwest for eight years running.
“Top five in the nation among regional universities”
- Comparing the peer-generated scores of regional universities in the U.S. News & World Report college rankings, Drake ranks fifth in the nation among the 653 universities in Drake’s rankings category.
“Alumni (with) earnings above expectation”
- The Economist ranked Drake University 17th nationally for return on investment – alumni earnings that are above expectation – putting Drake in the 98th percentile of all four-year, non-vocational American colleges.
“Most interesting place to go to college”
- Huffington Post cited Drake’s proximity to opportunities with the first-in-the-nation presidential caucuses and top employers like Meredith Corp; reasonably priced fun, and the Drake Relays make Drake one of the 19 most interesting places to attend college.
“A college that pays you back”
- The Princeton Review included Drake in its 2017 listing of Colleges That Pay You Back, based on academics, cost, financial aid, graduation rates, and alumni salaries. Only two other Iowa colleges appear on the list of 200.
“A best college value”
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance ranked Drake among the top 40 best values in private education in the country in 2017, comparing cost/financial aid with academic quality.
“A top producer of Fulbright Scholars.”
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program recognized Drake for producing more than 25 Fulbright students in the past 10 years, naming Drake a “top producing” university among master’s granting institutions.
“No. 1 in Iowa for highest paid graduates”
- The Department of Education College Scorecard found that the median earnings of Drake graduates 10 years after enrolling to be $55,7000 – the highest of any Iowa college or university.
“Alumni with 32% higher mid-career earnings”
- The Brookings Institution found that Drake University adds more than 32 percent to the projected mid-career earnings of demographically similar graduates from institutions with similar characteristics. That figure placed Drake in the 97th percentile nationwide among four-year colleges and universities for value added to mid-career earnings.
A+ School for B Students
U.S. News & World Report Drake ranked third on its 2017 list of Midwestern universities with strong ratings that accept a significant number of students who don’t have perfect transcripts.
Best Colleges for Military Veterans
Drake ranked third in the Midwest region on U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 list of best colleges for veterans, based on its federal initiatives to help veterans and active-duty service members pay for their degrees.
Monday-Friday - Schedule an individual visit to tour Drake
Now - Entering first year and transfer students can apply for fall 2019
September 22 - Saturday Visit Day
October 1 - 2019 FAFSA opens
October 6 - Athletic Training Visit Day
October 8 - Campus Preview Day
October 18 - Campus Preview Half-Day
October 19 - Campus Preview Half-Day
October 26 - Music Audition Day
November 9 - Health Professions Visit Day
November 9 - Music Audition Day
November 12 - Campus Preivew Day