BFA in Acting, or Theatre Education
- Prepare two contrasting monologues (memorized); one must be classical (pre-1900) and one contemporary (post-1900).
- For this audition, please perform monologues from plays. Do not audition with monologues from film scripts/movies, television shows, or musicals.
- Auditions are timed; monologues should not exceed 90 seconds in length, with a total of three minutes for the audition.
- Actors need to introduce both monologues prior to the timed part of the audition. Timing starts with the first word of the first monologue.
Please note: You must time your monologues back to back. Any transition between monologues is part of the total three minutes for the audition.
- If auditioning on one of the Audition Days, Drake Department of Theatre Arts will provide an accompanist.
- If attending an individual audition appointment, Drake Department of Theatre Arts does not provide an accompanist. Therefore, actors must provide own music either in the way of an accompanist, or prerecorded music on an iPod or CD.
- Applicants who live more than 200 miles from Des Moines may submit a video audition for consideration.
Registration Information for Audition Days