Drake University’s programs of study (undergraduate, graduate, pharmacy and law) are approved for the enrollment of veterans, reservists, and other students eligible for GI Bill benefits or VA benefits.
A variety of programs are available for veterans' educational benefits. To learn about eligibility for these benefits please visit www.gibill.va.gov or contact the Veterans Administration Regional Office, P.O. Box 66830, St. Louis, MO, 63166-6830 (1-888-442-4551).
Education Benefit Programs www.gibill.va.gov
• Post 9/11 G.I. Bill (Chapter 33);
• Montgomery G.I. Bill (Chapter 30)
• Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
• Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
• Montgomery G.I. bill – Selective reserve (Chapter 1606)
• REAP Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
Prospective military students have multiple web based tools to help make decisions regarding higher education institution selection.
1) The College Scorecard which is a planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school and is located at: http://collegecost.ed.gov/scorecard/.
2) The College Navigator which is a consumer tool that provides school information to include tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, student loan default rates and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool. The College Navigator is located at: http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/.
3) The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet which is a model aid award letter designed to simplify the information that prospective students receive about costs and financial aid so they can easily compare institutions and make informed decisions about where to attend school. The Shopping Sheet can be access at: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/highered /guid/aid-offer/index.html.
4) The ‘Paying for College’ webpage which can be used by prospective students to enter the names of up to three school and receive detailed financial information on each one and to enter actual financial aid award information. The tool can be accessed at: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/paying-for-college/.
Students who intend to receive VA education benefits should contact the Veterans’ Certification Officer (VCO). Currently, Nancy Geiger (515-271-3095;firstname.lastname@example.org) serves in that position at Drake University.
For admission assistance: contact Admssions (515-271-3181)
For financial aid questions: contact Student Financial Planning (515-271-2905)