Danielle Shelton Profile
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Legal Writing, Appellate Advocacy, Trial Law, Commercial and Employment Litigation
JD – Harvard Law School, magna cum laude
BA – Augustana College, summa cum laude
Drake Law School professor since 2003
Clerk for The Hon. Edward Carnes of the U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
Partner and of counsel for Belin McCormick, P.C.
Of counsel for Weinhardt & Logan, P.C.
- Iowa's Animal Torture Law Following State v. Meerkink: A Call for Clarity and Enforcement, 62 Drake Law Review 743 (2014).
- Rewriting Rule 68: Realizing the Benefits of the Federal Settlement Rule by Injecting Certainty Into Offers of Judgment, 91 Minnesota Law Review 865 (2007).
- When Private Goes Public: Legal Protection for Women Who Breastfeed in Public and at Work, 14 Law & Inequality Journal 179 (1995).
- Temporary Examiner for the Iowa Bar Examination
- Pro bono work for the AIDS Project and Legal Aid of Iowa
- Regular speaker on employment law and commercial litigation
Danielle Shelton Curriculum Vitae