John Edwards Profile
Associate Dean for Information Resources and Technology
Director of the Drake Law Library
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Computers and the Law, Legal Research and Writing
JD – University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
MALS – University of Missouri-Columbia School of Library and Informational Science
BA – Southeast Missouri State University
Drake Law School professor since 1984
Acting director of the University of Oklahoma Law Library
Program director for legal research and librarian at the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law
Instructor at Des Moines Area Community College
Legal Research and Writing instructor at the University of Oklahoma School of Law
Legal Research & Writing director at the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law
Legal instructor at Columbia College
- Iowa Legal Research (co-author) (2d ed., Carolina Academic Press, 2016).
- Basic Legal Research Workbook (co-author) (5th ed., Wolters Kluwer, 2016).
- Iowa Legal Research Guide (William S. Hein & Co., 2003).
- Emerging Solutions in Reference Services: Implications for Libraries in the New Millennium (Haworth Press, Inc., 2001).
- Planning and Constructing Law School Building: Ten Basic Guidelines, 90 Law Library Journal 423 (1998).
- President of Mid-America Law Library Consortium (MALLCO)
- Member (since 1995) and Mayor Pro Tem (1998-2005, 2009-2011, 2013-present) of the Clive City Council
- Chair of the Des Moines Metropolitan Transit Authority Board of Trustees
- Gold medal winner and team captain of West's Law Library Decathlon