The Student Services Center is the location to pick up or purchase annual or semester parking permits for the Drake lots for all faculty, staff, and students.
Parking permits can be denied to students, faculty, contract employees, or staff who have unpaid fines.
Ways to purchase:
- Order through blueView and pay via credit/debit/ACH. Passes can be picked-up in the Student Services Center or mailed to a home address.
- Purchase in the Student Services Center during open hours.
- Faculty and Staff can utilize a payroll deduct option for the payment of their permits (must submit in the SSC).
- Short-term passes are also available for online purchase if an annual or semester permit is not needed. Click on one of the links below to purchase a short-term pass.
You can find Parking Registration, Payroll Deduct forms, and additional parking information on the Department of Public Safety website.
- Drake University requires a parking permit to park in Drake parking lots. Visitors can purchase a commuter lot pass or a residential lot (overnight) pass. Permits should be printed and placed on the dashboard of your car.
- There are a limited number of visitor spaces in the Olmsted parking lot (lot #16) that can be utilized for guest parking, when available.
- The Fine Arts parking lot (lot #1) does not require a permit after 4:30 pm, and could be utilized for guest parking.
- There are options for free parking on the streets around most of the campus. Please take note of any time limits and city regulations that are posted.