Customized Language Programming
Drake's English as a Second Language Department can design short-term programs for individuals and groups.
Potential Program Examples
- English for Specific Purposes - language learning can be targeted to a specific field of study or topic to include "English for Legal Scholars," "English and Health," and others.
- Language Plus (study language while incorporating an additional interest)
- Service - participate in community service
- Business - learn about US business practices and visit local businesses
- Culture - explore American culture through local venues and activities
- Language Camps
- Elementary, middle school or high school camps that incorporate general language learning and social activities with a specific focus or topics relevant to today's youth.
Programs allow participants to
- Practice English skills in the "Heartland" of the United States
- Exchange ideas with U.S. American university students and others
- Become familiar with Midwestern customs
- Visit several prominent U.S. businesses or local establishments
- Understand U.S. American cultural values
- Learn and live in a safe, friendly environment!
- Housing in a Drake residence hall with access to university library, services, & recreation facilities.
- English conversation groups led by U.S. American students
- Cultural activities with a U.S. American family
- Small class size and customized courses designed for the needs and interests of the group.
For more information on customized language programs, contact Kendra Hossain-Morehead in the Office of Global Engagement at email@example.com or 515-271-2084.