Pursue Your Passion. Experience Excellence. Discover Drake.
Drake University has been recognized as a Great College to Work For due to 'Confidence in Senior Leadership'. Drake is one of just ten schools nationally recognized in this category for institutions of similar size.
More than 900 faculty and staff are part of the Bulldog pack, a close-knit community enthusiastic about providing the very best education, challenging assumptions, and welcoming new ideas and people into the fold. Drake University is not only an exceptional institution of higher learning, but also an exceptional place to work, and we are committed to attracting, retaining, and rewarding outstanding people.
Several strengths set Drake apart:
- Core Values that form the foundation of how each faculty and staff perform work, conduct ourselves, and interact with each other.
- Strong support for professional growth and development, including life long learning opportunities; internal funding for research, scholarship, and service activities; and extensive support in securing external funding
- Belief in a healthy work/life balance, as evidenced in competitive offerings of vacation, holiday, and personal time
- Dedication to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment
- Exceptional benefits package including health, dental, tuition, and retirement planning
- Substantive involvement of faculty and staff in University governance and strategic planning through Faculty Senate and All Staff Council.
- Located in Des Moines, Iowa, a diverse and vibrant capital city that's attracted national attention
If this outstanding work environment sounds appealing to you, we invite you to check out current opportunities for employment.