Andrea Charlow Profile
Areas of Expertise
Family Law, Juvenile Law, Negotiations and Mediation
LLM – Columbia University School of Law
JD – Albany Law School of Union University, Albany Law Review
AB – Vassar College, cum laude
Drake Law School professor since 1982
Hancock, Estabrook, Ryan, Shove & Hust in Syracuse, N.Y.
Chamberlain Fellow at Columbia University School of Law
- There's No Place Like Home: Temporary Absences in the UCCJEA Home State, 28 Journal of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers 25 (2015).
- Race, Poverty, & Neglect, 28 William Mitchell Law Review 763 (2001).
- Jurisdictional Gerrymandering & The Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act, 25 Family Law Quarterly 299 (1991).
- Awarding Child Custody: The Best Interests of the Child and Other Fictions, 5 Yale Review of Law & Social Policy 261 (1987).
- Interviewed on National Public Radio's "All Things Considered"
- CALI (Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction) author
- Co-Chair - Iowa Supreme Court Family Law Task Force Alimony Guidelines commitee
- Steering Committee - Iowa Supreme Court Family Law Task Force
- Past chair of the Governor's Advisory Committee on Child Support Enforcement
- Past member of the Board of Directors for the Iowa Legal Services Corporation
- Frequent presenter on issues of family law