Andrew Jurs Profile
Associate Dean of the Law School
Clemens J. Smith Faculty Research Scholar
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Criminal Law and Procedure, Evidence, Science and the Law
JD – University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
BA – Stanford University
Drake Law School professor since 2011
Visiting assistant professor of law at Wake Forest University School of Law
Assistant attorney general for the State of Colorado
Attorney at Johnson, McConaty & Sargent, PC
Deputy district attorney for the 18th Judicial District of Colorado
- Expert Evidence (Carolina Academic Press, 2019)
- A Tale of Two Dauberts: Discriminatory Effects of Scientific Reliability Screening, 79 Ohio State Law Journal 1107 (2018) (with Scott DeVito)
- Expert Prevalence, Persuasion and Price: What Trial Participants Really Think About Experts, 91 Indiana Law Journal 353 (2016).
- An Overreaction to a Nonexistent Problem: Empirical Analysis of Tort Reform from the 1980s to 2000s, 3 Stanford Journal of Complex Litigation 62 (2015) (with Scott DeVito).
- "Doubling-Down" for Defendants: The Pernicious Effects of Tort Reform, 118 Penn State Law Review 543 (2014) (with Scott DeVito).
- Elected Member of the American Law Institute, 2020
- Stevens Faculty Scholar of the Year, Drake University Law School, 2020
- Leland Forrest Outstanding Professor of the Year, Drake University Law School, 2014 and 2018
- Chair (2017-2018) and Member of the Executive Committee (2015-2019) of the AALS Section on Evidence
- Invited speaker: Expert Gatekeeping– A Recent Survey on Judicial Scrutiny of Expert Reliability (8th Circuit Federal Judicial Conference, Omaha, NE, August 2014).
- Invited speaker: How Judges Perform Gatekeeping – New Data on Judicial Handling of Expert Witness (Iowa State Judges Conference, Des Moines, IA, June 2014).
Andrew Jurs Curriculum Vitae
ALI Biographical Profile
Andrew Jurs HeinOnline Author Profile Page
Andrew Jurs SSRN Author Page
Andrew Jurs ResearchGate Author Profile Page
Andrew Jurs Academia.edu Profile