Brent Pattison Profile
Director of the Joan and Lyle Middleton Center for Children's Rights
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Education Law, Juvenile Law
JD – University of Minnesota Law School, magna cum laude
BA – Wesleyan University
Director of the Joan and Lyle Middleton Center for Children's Rights since 2011
Associate at Thompson & Howle
Attorney at TeamChild, Seattle, Wash.
Fellow with Team Child, Soros Justice Fellowship
- Mama Tried: Shifting Thinking (and Practice) in Child Welfare Cases When a Parent is Incarcerated, 27 J. Gen. Soc. Pol’y & the Law 495 (2019
- When Children Object: Amplifying an Older Child’s Objection to Termination of Parental Rights, 49 University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform 689 (2016).
- Foreward: Child Welfare and Our Youngest Children: A Series on Improving Outcomes for Families with Babeis and Toddlers, Drake Law Review Discourse, Feb. 2016, at 1.
- Changing Lives: Lawyers Fighting for Children (co-author) (ABA Publishing, 2014).
- You Better Represent: Lessons about Lawyering from Adolescents (Real and Imagined), Drake Law Review Discourse, Sept. 2013, at 1.