Chip Lowe Profile
Clinician in Residence
Areas of Expertise
Business Entities, Nonprofits, Transactions, Commercial Litigation
LLM – University of Virginia School of Law
JD – University of South Dakota Law School, South Dakota Law Review
BA – University of Nebraska, Lincoln (with distinction), Phi Beta Kappa
Partner in private practice specializing in business associations, commercial transactions, business acquisitions, and commercial litigation
Visiting associate professor of law at the University of Arkansas-Little Rock Law School
Director of Clinical Law at the University of Nebraska Law School
- Modern Sentencing Reform: A Preliminary Analysis of the Proposed Federal Sentencing Guidelines, 25 American Criminal Law Review 1 (1988).
- Public Safety Legislation and the Referendum Power: A Re-Examination, 34 Hastings Law Journal 591 (1986).
- Restrictions on initiative and referendum powers in South Dakota, 28 South Dakota Law Review 53 (1982).
Reported commercial cases include:
- Waldner v. Carr, 618 F.3d 838 (8th Cir. 2010)
- Yamada v. Gering Nat’l Bank & Trust, 497 N.W.2d 1 (Nebraska 1993)
- Parmenter v. FDIC, 925 F.2d 1088 (8th Cir. 1991)
- Willow Tree Investments v. Wilhelm, 465 N.W.2d 849 (Iowa 1991)