Danielle Shelton Profile
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Legal Writing, Appellate Advocacy, Trial Law, Commercial Litigation
JD – Harvard Law School, magna cum laude
BA – Augustana College, summa cum laude
Drake Law School professor since 2003
Law Clerk for the Hon. Edward Carnes of the U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
Partner and Of Counsel for Belin McCormick, P.C.
Of Counsel for the Weinhardt Law Firm, P.C.
- Discovery of Expert Witnesses: Amending Rule 26(b)(4)(E) to Limist Expert Fee Shifting and Reduce Litigation Abuses, forthcoming in Seton Hall Law Review (Spring 2019).
- Iowa's Animal Torture Law Following State v. Meerkink: A Call for Clarity and Enforcement, 62 Drake Law Review 743 (2014).
- Rewriting Rule 68: Realizing the Benefits of the Federal Settlement Rule by Injecting Certainty Into Offers of Judgment, 91 Minnesota Law Review 865 (2007).
- When Private Goes Public: Legal Protection for Women Who Breastfeed in Public and at Work, 14 Law & Inequality Journal 179 (1995).
- Temporary Examiner for the Iowa Bar Examination
- Mock trial coach for middle school and high school
- Member, Iowa Supreme Court's Continuing Legal Education Commission
Danielle Shelton Curriculum Vitae