Denise Hill Profile
Director of the Health Law Program
Visiting Associate Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Health Law, Bioethics, Public Health Law, Administrative Law
JD – Drake University Law School
MPA – Drake University College of Business and Public Administration
BA – Wartburg College
AA – Waldorf College
Drake Law School visiting associate professor since 2015
Attorney/mediator at Whitfield & Eddy
Associate professor and adjunct clinical associate professor at Des Moines University
Attorney at Davis Brown Law Firm
In-house attorney/manager of Public & Regulatory Affairs for the Iowa Medical Society
Attorney/labor relations specialist for the Iowa Department of Personnel
- If We Build It, Will They Come: Development of an On-campus Residency for Online Students, The Journal of Health Administration Education (2015).
- Powerful Learning Communities: Guide to Developing Student, Faculty and Professional Learning Communities to Improve Student Success and Organizational Effectiveness (co-author) (Stylus Publishing, 2013).
- A Comprehensive Approach to Optimum Learning Communities (Scholarly Paper & Presentation at Association for Institutional Research 50th Annual International Forum, Chicago, IL, June 1, 2010).
- MHA Faculty of the Year Award, Des Moines University (2007, 2010, 2013, and 2015)
- Commencement Address Speaker, Waldorf College (2015)
- Des Moines University Distinguished Lecturer (2010)
- Wellmark Fellow & Iowa Community Health Leadership Institute (2002)
- Iowa Governor’s Volunteer Service Award to IMS (1999)