James A. Albert Profile
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Administrative Law, Torts, Media Law, Litigation
JD – Notre Dame Law School
BFA – Drake University
Drake Law School professor since 1981
Former Federal Communications broadcast attorney, Washington, D.C.
Chairman, Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board. (The longest serving state political ethics chairman in the United States. Appointed by both Republican and Democratic governors since 1997 and confirmed by the Senate.)
President, James Arthur Albert Foundation
President, Albert Mayan Chocolate Company
- Jim Bakker: Miscarriage of Justice? (Open Court Publishing). The 1998 Francis Marion Drake President’s Circle book selection for 500 top Drake donors.
- Pay Dirt: Divorces of the Rich and Famous (Branden Publishing) with chapters serialized in all Hearst newspapers nationwide.
- The Broadcasters Legal Guide for Conducting Contests and Promotions (Bonus Books).
- Member, Writers Guild of America (West Coast).
- Appeared on the "Today Show," "A&E Biography," "Court TV," "Joan Rivers Show," and in an HBO movie as himself.
- Faculty Award of Excellence, Professional Fraternity Association National Mentor of the Year, (2006)
- Outstanding Law Professor of the Nation, Delta Theta Phi International Law Fraternity (1989, 1999, 2002, and 2010)
- Outstanding Professor of the Year, University of South Dakota (1979)
- Leland Stanford Forrest Outstanding Professor of the Year, Drake University Law School (1983, 1988, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004 and 2005)
- Faculty advisor, Delta Theta Chi
- Faculty advisor, Theta Chi
- The Albert Foundation has awarded over 2,500 scholarships to children to attend high school in Belize. See helpingbelizekids.org