Karen Wallace Profile
Professor of Law Librarianship
Areas of Responsibility
Circulation, Public Services, Reference
MA – University of Iowa, Beta Phi Mu
BA – University of Iowa, with highest distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, Order of Omega, Phi Eta Sigma
Circulation/Reference Librarian, Drake Law Library since 2000
Head of Community Services, Des Plaines Public Library
Outreach Librarian, Park Ridge Public Library
- Legal Analysis and Writing: An Active-Learning Approach (co-author) (Wolters Kluwer, 2020).
- Iowa Legal Research (co-author) (2d ed., Carolina Academic Press, 2016).
- Legal Research Supplement: Exercises on Lexis Advance (co-author) (4th eBook ed., LexisNexis).
- Does the Past Predict the Future?: An Empirical Analysis of Recent Iowa Supreme Court Use of Legislative History as a Window into Statutory Construction in Iowa, 63 Drake Law Review 239.
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Single-Session Legal Research Skill Instruction Through Pre- and Post-Testing: A Case Study, 107 Law Library Journal 57 (co-author).
- HeinOnline and Law Review Citation Patterns, 103 Law Library Journal 55 (co-author).
- Mid-America Association of Law Libraries – Vice-President (2017-18), President (2018-19), Immediate Past President (2019-2020),
Executive Board Member-At-Large (2007-09), Annual Meeting Local Arrangements Committee Co-Chair (2004), Nominations Committee Chair (2001-02, 2008-09, 2019-2020), Membership Committee Chair (2009-14), Education Committee Chair (2017-18)
- American Association of Law Libraries – Access to Electronic Legal Information Committee member (2005-07)
Karen Wallace SSRN Author Page
Karen Wallace Curriculum Vitae