Keith Miller Profile
Ellis and Nelle Levitt Distinguished Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Torts, Product's Liability, Gaming Law, Worker's Compensation
LLM – University of Michigan
JD – University of Missouri-Kansas City, UMKC Law Review
BA – University of Missouri-Kansas City
Drake Law School professor since 1979
Attorney at Lathrop, Koontz & Norquest in Kansas City, Mo.
Visiting professor of law at the University of Wisconsin
- Sports Betting Integrity at Risk: The Role of the Wire Act, 60 Santa Clara Law Review, 487 (2020)
- The Law of Gambling and Regulated Gaming, 3d edition, co-author Anthony Cabot (Carolina Academic Press 2021) (forthcoming)
- Moving Faster than the Speed of Regulation: Can State-Authorized Sports Wagering Dodge a Game-Fixing Bullet without the Help of the Feds?, 30 Journal of Legal Aspects of Sport, Issue No. 2 (2020) co-author Anthony Cabot
- The Law of Regulated Gambling: A Practical Guide for Business Lawyers, Editor and contributing author (American Bar Association, Gaming Law Committee of Business Law Section 2020)
- Point/Counterpoint: Sports Leagues’ Rights to be Compensated for Sports Wagering, 23 Gaming L. Rev. 154 (2019) (one of two participants in transcribed roundtable)
- State Lotteries and Their Customers, 9 UNLV Gaming L.J. 177 (2019)
- Sports Wagering in America: Policies, Economics, and Regulation, co-author Anthony Cabot, (UNLV Gaming Press 2018)
- Regulatory Models for Sports Wagering: The Debate between Federal and State Oversight, 8 UNLV Gaming L.J. 153 (2018)
- Vice chair of the Gaming Law Committee for the ABA Business Law Section
- Previously vice president, Educator Members of the International Masters of Gaming Law
- Speaker: Rhoades v. State—The (De)criminalization of HIV+ Sex (UNLV Law School, Las Vegas, NV, March 2015).
- Panel moderator and speaker: Problem Gambling (ABA Gaming Law Minefield Conference, Henderson, NV, Feb. 12-13, 2015).
- Speaker: Spousal Disqualification for Gaming Licenses (International Masters of Gaming Law Fall Conference, Florence, Italy, November 2014).
Keith Miller Curriculum Vitae