Laurie Doré Profile
Ellis and Nelle Levitt Distinguished Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Evidence, Civil Procedure, Conflict of Laws, Complex Litigation
JD – Southern Methodist University School of Law, cum laude, Order of the Coif, Southwestern Law Journal
BA – Creighton University, summa cum laude
Drake Law School professor since 1992
Thompson & Knight, P.C. in Austin & Dallas, Texas
Clerk for The Hon. Patrick E. Higginbotham for the U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- Iowa Practice Series, Vol. 7: Evidence (annual editions from 2009-present) (West).
- If You Build It, Will They Come? Designing Iowa’s New Expedited Civil Action Rule and Related Civil Justice Reforms, 63 Drake Law Review 401 (2015).
- Public Courts v. Private Justice: It’s Time to Let Some Sun Shine in On Alternative Dispute Resolution, 81 Chicago-Kent Law Review 463 (2006).
- Settlement, Secrecy, and Judicial Discretion: South Carolina’s New Rules Governing the Sealing of Settlements, 55 South Carolina Law Review 791 (2004).
- Secrecy by Consent: The Use and Limits of Confidentiality in the Pursuit of Settlement, 74 Notre Dame Law Review 283 (1999).
- Leland Sanford Forrest Outstanding Law Professor Recipient (2001, 2002, 2007, 2011, 2012)
- Madelyn M. Levitt Teacher of the Year Award (2009)
- Academic Fellow, Pound Civil Justice Institute
- Member of the Iowa Supreme Court Working Group on Restyling Iowa Rules of Evidence
- Reporter for the Iowa Supreme Court Advisory Committee Concerning Certain Civil Justice Reform Task Force Recommendations (2012-2015)
- Steering committee member of the Iowa Supreme Court Task Force on Civil Justice Reform (2010-2012); co-chair of the Discovery Reform Subcommittee
Laurie Dore Curriculum Vitae