Natalie Banta Lynner Profile
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Wills & Trusts, Property, Federal Income Tax, Family Law
JD - Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, summa cum laude, Brigham Young University Law Review
BS - Brigham Young University, magna cum laude, University Honors
Drake Law School professor since 2017
Assistant Professor of Law at Valparaiso University Law School
Visiting Assistant Professor of Law at Stetson University College of Law
Associate at Covington & Burling LLP in Washington, D.C.
Judicial Clerk for The Honorable Jay S. Bybee of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Death in a Pandemic: Funeral Practices and Industry Disruption, 70 UCLA L. Rev. (forthcoming 2023).
- Electronic Wills and Digital Assets: Reassessing Formality in the Digital Age, 71 Baylor L. Rev. 547 (2019).
- Minors and Digital Asset Succession, 104 Iowa Law Review 1699 (2019).
- Property Interests in Digital Assets: The Rise of Digital Feudalism, 38 Cardozo Law Review 1099 (2017).
- Death and Privacy in the Digital Age, 94 North Carolina Law Review 927 (2016).
- Inherit the Cloud: The Role of Private Contracts in Distributing or Deleting Digital Assets at Death, 83 Fordham Law Review 799 (2014).
- Presenter at numerous conferences concerning digital asset inheritance: Minors and Digital Asset Succession, AALS Trusts and Estates Section, Washington, D.C. (2020); Estate Planning to Protect Your Online Life After Death, Financial Planning Association of Minnesota, MN (July 2019); Digital Assets and Digital Wills, Faculty Exchange, University of Kansas Law School, KS (April 2019); Reassessing What Will Formality Means in the Digital Age, Chicagoland Junior Scholars Works in Progress Conference, Il (October 2018); Property Interests in Digital Assets, AALS Property Section Junior Scholars Session, NY (January 2016).
- Member of Iowa Title Standards Committee of Iowa State Bar (2019-Present)
- Executive Member of the Association of American Law Schools Real Property and Trusts and Estates Sections (2015-present)
- Bar Admissions: District of Columbia (2010); U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2010); California (2009)
Natalie Banta Lynner Curriculum Vitae
Natalie Lynner SSRN Author Page: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=2104914
Natalie Lynner HeinOnline Author Profile Page: https://heinonline-org.cowles-proxy.drake.edu/HOL/AuthorProfile?collection=journals&search_name=Lynner,%20Natalie%20Margaret%20Banta&base=js