Natalie Banta Profile
Associate Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Wills & Trusts, Property, Federal Income Tax, Family Law
JD - Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, summa cum laude, Brigham Young University Law Review
BS - Brigham Young University, magna cum laude, University Honors
Drake Law School professor since 2017
Assistant Professor of Law at Valparaiso University Law School
Visiting Assistant Professor of Law at Stetson University College of Law
Associate at Covington & Burling LLP in Washington, D.C.
Judicial Clerk for The Honorable Jay S. Bybee of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Minors and Digital Asset Succession, 104 Iowa Law Review (forthcoming 2019).
- Property Interests in Digital Assets: The Rise of Digital Feudalism, 38 Cardozo Law Review 1099 (2017).
- Death and Privacy in the Digital Age, 94 North Carolina Law Review 927 (2016).
- Inherit the Cloud: The Role of Private Contracts in Distributing or Deleting Digital Assets at Death, 83 Fordham Law Review 799 (2014).
- Presenter at numerous conferences concerning digital asset inheritance: Property Interests in Digital Assets, AALS Property Section Junior Scholars Session, NY (January 2016); The Rise of Digital Feudalism, CSLSA Scholarship Conference, University of Toledo College of Law, OH (October 2015); Privacy after Death, Eleventh Circuit Legal Scholarship Forum, Stetson University College of Law, FL (December 2014).
- Executive Member of the Association of American Law Schools Real Property and Trusts and Estates Sections (2015-2016)
- Bar Admissions: District of Columbia (2010); U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2010); California (2009)
- Editor-in-Chief, Brigham Young University Law Review (2008-2009)
Natalie M. Banta CV
Natalie M. Banta Scholarly Papers (SSRN)